Thursday, October 1, 2009

it is worth it!






































Tuesday finally rolled around and I was 39+1 weeks along. I walked up to the doctors office thinking today could be the day I finally get induced. I was at the dr. office for around a hour and while I was meeting with the doctor I could her my moms voice in the back of my head "Melissa you need to make sure they know how you feel ." So as i was talking to the doctor I said "hey do you think you will induce me at 40 weeks because of my gestational diabetes." I was thinking well that means I would only have one more week left, I could deal with that. I never expected to hear why dont we do it today. I was so excited, the first thing I did was called everyone, and rushed home. The nerves really did not set in untill we were driving to the hospital at 3 pm. All the emotions from Baylie came rushing back. Lets just say a 14 hour labor is not fun, (that was just at the hospital)
We were taken back to our room and was started on the drug piticon, to start labor. From 4-8
I did not progress at all, I was really fearing a c-section becase the doctor started showing concerns that maybe the baby was to big to come down. I know I had eaten a bit to much dairy queen ice cream cake on occasions so my first thought was great look what you did Missy. At around 9 I had my epiderial because the pain really started coming and who wants to feel that. That had to be the worst pain of it all. Not the epidural, but while they were putting it in I went from 3cm to 7 cm, but thank goodness for that epidural because the pain was ok a hour later. I could still fell the contractions but they were not bad at all. 4 hrs later with very little pushing Mason Edward Horrisberger was here. After this labor I told Chris another one could be in the question. I found out why the pushing was so easy, this baby was only 7lbs 2oz., and 18 1/2" long. This was so little compared to Baylie who was 8lbs 11oz and 22" long. Baylie made this labor easy on me. We are just so blessed that everything turned out fine, with all the problems I was starting to have at the end of the pregnancy, but we knew God was watching over everything.






Last night was the first night home with Mason and he has been a great baby. He let me get at least 4 hours of sleep which is really good. He just does a lot of peeing and pooping, and he makes everything look so painfull. Baylie is my little mother hen. She gives him her blanket, and wants to hold him. No one else is suppose to hold him, just her. This Morning when she woke up the first thing she did was run out to the dining room saying "Baby, Baby, Baby." There is nothing like having a girl that is almost two and a 3 day year old at the same time. At this point in our lives who knows if we are going to have any more kids, so our family could be complete, and that makes me so happy. I guess you never know what Gods plans are for you. We may have another 10..lol. Now we as a family need to catch up on some sleep, and learn how to deal with two kids.

0 comments: